Monday, February 16, 2015

Kingsman Brief Review


Released on February 13, 2015, this action-comedy involves the story of a secret agent service called the "Kingsman." Kingsman Harry Hart recruits a funny, unpolished teen named Eggsy to join the service. 

Rotten Tomatoes Review: 72 percent of critics liked it and 89 percent of audience members liked it.

My Review: 4 out of 5 stars

PROS: Although this may be due to personal bias, Colin Firth is as charming and funny as ever in this movie. The same goes for Taron Egerton, who plays Eggsy, who is extremely likable and talented. Together, the two have a great father-son type of chemistry. The movie was overall very well-done: production value seemed high, very detailed...etc. Surprisingly, the plot didn't become too far-fetched and was easy to follow. This movie had me wanting a sequel the minute it ended!

CONS: The violence's "cartoonish" feel took away from the believability of the movie, however, seeing as this movie is derived from a comic strip, it is understandable. 

Overall, see this movie! It is humorous, but not overdone and the characters have great chemistry that makes the audience want a whole series of Kingsman movies!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yay! I'm really interested in seeing this for myself, although from the trailers I'm not sure whether it'll be too violent/cursey for my likings, so I'm not sure. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much (I am certainly a fan of Colin Firth, also!), and the fact the violence is in a comic style really intrigues me, actually. That could be so, so interesting.
    Lovely mini review, Maddy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is violent, however, it is so far out there that it does not necessarily seem real, if that helps. I hope you like it! It's a really funny and unexpected movie, in my opinion. :)

      Delete