Friday, January 2, 2015

Annie Movie Brief Review

Rotten Tomatoes Review: 28 percent of all critics liked it and 63 percent of general audiences liked it.

My Review: 3 out of 5 stars

Cons: This movie was extremely disliked by movie critics and received a mediocre rating from general audiences. Therefore, going into the movie I had low expectations. Some of the cons included that some of the leads had less than great singing voices, including Cameron Diaz and Rose Byrne. Being leads, I expected stronger voices from both of these women. Also, the way that certain songs were executed in the movie, such as "I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here" and "Easy Street," were underdone and did not live up the magic in which the original movie presented them. Also, some of the original songs were replaced with new ones, which in my opinion, were nothing special or memorable.

Pros: In the movie, the actress who plays Annie is really great, in my opinion. Although her singing voice isn't outstanding, I did not think it really mattered being that this was less of a "straight off of Broadway" rendition and more of a realistic and modern version. She was also a fantastic actress who had a memorable personality. Another pro was the chemistry within the cast. Each character that was supposed to connect with another in a meaningful way did so perfectly and genuinely in this remake. Finally, I thought this movie had a lot of energy, spunk and heart.

Overall: Give this movie a chance! You many end up enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment